“Items” and “Item” include orders, cakes, tarts, cookies, and all products offered by Lacher Patisserie.
“We” and “Us” represent Lacher Patisserie and all its personnel.
Information needed for delivery purposes
- Recipient’s first and last name.
- Recipient’s full and correct address as found on Google Maps.
- Recipient’s full and correct contact number.
- Alternative phone number (buyer, etc) - will only be contacted where the recipient is unreachable regardless of whether delivery is successful or not.
- Buyer’s email address - to receive the order details, delivery updates, and proof of delivery. Please ensure that the email address is correct before completing the purchase.
The delivery address entered needs to be exactly as found on Google Maps. Please check that the address is correct before completing the order. Orders will be delivered to the exact address that was entered into the system when placing the order. A change of address is not possible once the order has been placed.
The ‘Address’ section is where the full address as found on Google Maps is entered.
The ‘Company/Apartment unit’ section is where the unit number and/or the name of the company/condo etc. is entered.
Note: Delivery will be arranged to the address entered into the ‘address’ section only. ‘Company/Apartment unit’ section is only for the driver’s reference for ease of finding the address, or if the security guard requires the unit number, etc. Delivering to the unit is not included for deliveries to high-rise or multi-storied buildings. Please read the full details for high-rise or multi-storied buildings below.
Where the delivery location is too remote or unreachable by the drivers, the driver will only deliver to the nearest car-accessible area and you are required to collect the order from the driver at that location. The delivery fees will not be refunded.
The buyer is required to check that the full, complete address is correct before proceeding with the order. A change of address is not possible once the order has been placed.
We only deliver to areas within 50km of our store according to Google Maps, covering mainly KL and Selangor areas.
To check the delivery fee to your address,
- Check the distance from Lacher Patisserie to X (delivery address) on Google Maps here.
- Locate your zone in the table below.
- Check the estimated delivery fee and if you qualify for free delivery.
The delivery fee will also be calculated automatically and displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your delivery address.
|Zone||Distance from our location||Delivery Fee (By Car)||Free Delivery|
|A||0-9km||RM5||RM60 or above|
|B||10-14km||RM10||RM80 or above|
|C||15-19km||RM15||RM110 or above|
|D||20-24km||RM20||RM150 or above|
|E||25-29km||RM25||RM190 or above|
|F||30-34km||RM30||RM230 or above|
|G||35-39km||RM35||RM270 or above|
|H||40-44km||RM40||RM310 or above|
|I||45-50km||RM50||RM350 or above|
A minimum of RM50 purchase is required for delivery.
One order number applies to one delivery address under the same date and time slot.
Deliveries to multiple venues or on different dates, or at different times, even under the same customer bill, will be charged as separate deliveries under separate orders. You will be required to place the orders separately on our website.
Orders are delivered by on-demand 3rd party car drivers according to their terms. The drivers do not represent our brand, Lacher Patisserie.
Drivers deliver to a few places in one trip following routes that are carefully planned, arranged, and optimised in advance. Buyers will receive an email with the driver's details once we have assigned a driver to the order. We cannot assign a specific driver for your order as all drivers are assigned randomly.
Delivery is non-cancellable and the delivery fee is non-refundable once the driver’s route has been arranged by us.
Delivery Time Slot
All orders are arranged to arrive within the chosen time slot. We cannot arrange the delivery to arrive at, by, or after a specific time (eg. at 2pm). Drivers deliver to a few places in one trip following a route that is carefully planned, arranged, and optimised.
However, factors that affect or may cause early arrivals or delays in deliveries (non-exhaustive):
- The availability of drivers.
- The ease of finding drivers/demand of drivers.
- Traffic conditions.
- Weather conditions.
- How long a driver is held up at a certain delivery location.
- Unforeseen circumstances.
- Natural disasters.
- Circumstances beyond our control.
- Force Majeure
Lacher Patisserie shall not be liable for delay in performing or for failure to perform its obligations if the delay or failure results from any of the following:
- Acts of God,
- outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism,
- the actions of any government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any license or consent),
- fire, explosion, flood, fog or adverse weather,
- power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, failure or breakdown of power plant, machinery, or vehicles,
- default of suppliers, sub-contractors, or delivery partners,
- theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out, or industrial action of any kind, and
- any cause or circumstance whatsoever beyond Lacher Patisserie's reasonable control.
- Adverse weather conditions (including but not limited to heavy rains, storms, floods, and typhoons).
In such events, our delivery partners may not be able to deliver orders on time and long delays may occur. This is outside of our control. Lacher Patisserie will not accept responsibility for late delivery of orders and no refunds or re-deliveries will be initiated.
Depending on the severity of adverse weather conditions, non-delivery may occur. In the event of non-delivery due to this, a refund will be given back to the buyer's account via their original payment method or by store credit, whichever Lacher Patisserie in their sole discretion sees fit.
- Force Majeure
Buyers are advised to select a time slot with these possibilities taken into account.
We do not help to ensure that recipients are home before delivering the order. Buyers need to ensure that the recipient will be home before selecting a date and time on our website and proceeding with the order.
While we try our best to arrange orders to arrive within the chosen time slot, Lacher Patisserie will not be held responsible for any early arrivals or delays of delivery due to any of the reasons above or because of any circumstances impacting the availability of the 3rd party drivers we use and anything else outside of our control.
Please opt for self-pickup or select an available earlier/later time slot if you cannot risk the items arriving earlier or later than a chosen time frame.
Status of Delivery
Buyers will receive an email with the driver's details when the order has been sent out for delivery.
We are not able to provide you with the exact time or rough estimate of when your order will arrive. [This is subject to the factors that affect the time of delivery (see above)].
You can contact the driver for the estimated time of arrival (ETA). As the driver delivers to a few places in one trip following a planned route, they may only be able to provide you with the ETA at a later time depending on which stop they are at during the time of inquiry.
ETAs, like the name implies, are just an estimation. It may change depending on how heavy/light traffic gets, sudden changes in weather, which stop drivers are at, etc. As such, ETAs are not confirmation of arrival times.
Delivering to the unit number of high-rise buildings and multi-storied buildings is not provided in our delivery partner's services. Drivers will only pass the cake to the recipient at the drop-off point/lobby/ground floor of the building where the area is accessible by car with no parking required.
High-rise buildings and multi-storied buildings include, but are not limited to:
- Shopping malls
- Multi-storied shop lots
If the recipient is unreachable or delivery is unsuccessful (see below for what counts as unsuccessful delivery), the driver will bring the items back to our store.
Drivers will only leave the items on the delivery drop-off table, at the guardhouse, at the receptionist etc. only with the consent of the recipient/someone on behalf of the recipient. Where items have been requested/consented to be left somewhere, it is understood and accepted that the recipient/someone on their behalf is aware of the items' fragile condition.
We will not take any responsibility for the item's condition once the item is left at the consented/requested place.
Our delivery service is on-demand and only one trip is attempted. All drivers are requested on-demand and paid by distance(km) to deliver the items to the assigned address one time. The driver will not make another delivery attempt if the delivery is unsuccessful (see below for what counts as unsuccessful delivery).
Drivers will try to reach out to the recipient by:
- Calling the recipient’s contact number (normal voice call/Whatsapp).
- Texting the recipient’s contact number (SMS/WhatsApp).
- Calling/texting the alternative number (if provided).
- Ringing the doorbell (if available).
- Requesting intercom to the unit via the security of the building (if available).
- Requesting neighbour to receive on behalf (if able).
If the driver has attempted 2 or more of the above methods, but is still not able to reach the recipient, the delivery attempt is considered completed and delivery is considered unsuccessful (see below for unsuccessful delivery).
If the buyer/recipient requests the driver to:
- Deliver to another address, regardless of whether the driver has arrived at the original assigned address or not,
- Make another delivery attempt at a later time, regardless of whether the driver has arrived at the original assigned address or not, or
- Make some other requests that require the driver to travel,
An additional fee (calculated by distance (km)) will be charged accordingly by the driver. You/the recipient/the person requesting the driver is required to directly liaise with the driver and pay the driver accordingly.
Requests made to the driver are subject to the willingness and ability of the driver to accommodate such requests. Where the driver is not able or willing to accommodate your request, regardless of whether you are willing to pay additional charges, the delivery is then considered unsuccessful. (see below for what counts as unsuccessful delivery).
Proof of delivery
Buyers will receive an email with the proof of delivery pictures once the items have been delivered.
Note: All pictures are taken on arrival at the delivery address. The time of receiving the email/pictures may not always reflect the time the order was delivered as drivers may upload the pictures only later, at a more convenient time.
Should any issues arise regarding the items’ conditions, or if you believe that the items’ conditions are unsatisfactory/unreasonable/unacceptable, the proof of delivery pictures taken by the driver will be used as the ultimate point of reference and as proof, evidence, and verification of the items’ condition on arrival at the delivery location unless you can provide us with solid proof to defend your claim.
Deliveries are considered successful where:
- It has been passed to the recipient/someone on behalf of the recipient.
- It has been left at the guardhouse, receptionist, with a neighbour, or a place requested or consented by the recipient or someone on behalf of the recipient (this includes the buyer).
Proof of delivery pictures will be sent to the buyer's email.
Persons collecting the items from the drivers are required to check that the items are in good condition upon receiving them. They are encouraged to let the driver know (before the driver leaves) of any defects/damage if possible. We would need to be notified within 3 hours on the day the items are delivered of any defects/damage that occur because of delivery (proof of defect/damage is required).
Lacher Patisserie will assess and investigate the matter, and decide the next steps to be taken according to their discretion, taking into account all relevant factors.
Unsuccessful delivery means a driver has been assigned to your order, but due to the reasons below, the driver cannot deliver the items to the recipient.
- The recipient is unreachable/uncontactable on the driver's arrival at the delivery address.
- The recipient is not at home/present on the driver's arrival at the delivery address.
- There is no one present to collect the order on the recipient's behalf on the driver's arrival at the delivery address.
- There is no such person at the delivery address.
- The delivery address given is incorrect or insufficient or not searchable on Google Maps.
- No valid contact number was given to us to make reasonable attempts to contact the recipient in order to execute the delivery successfully.
- The recipient is not willing to collect the order from the driver at the drop-off point/lobby/ground floor of the given delivery address.
- The recipient refuses to accept the items.
- The recipient does not consent to leaving the items with someone else or in some other area within the premises.
- The recipient/buyer requests the driver to wait at the delivery address for longer than 10 minutes.
- Other circumstances that prevent the driver from passing the items to the recipient/someone on behalf of the recipient on a case-to-case basis.
In the event of unsuccessful delivery,
- The buyer will be notified via the email that was used to place the order.
- Drivers will bring the items back to our store after completing all the deliveries following the assigned route.
- No requests for refunds of the item(s) and/or delivery fee will be entertained due to the perishable nature of our products and our on-demand delivery service.
- No more delivery attempts/redelivery will be made by us on the same day even where additional delivery fees are willing to be paid.
The buyer/someone on the buyer's behalf is required to:
- Collect the items at our store on the same day during our operating hours once the items have been brought back by the driver.
- Collect the items at our store during our operating hours on the next day.
- Arrange for your own 3rd party delivery service like grab car to collect the items from our store during our operating hours once it has been brought back by the driver.
- Where items are uncollected from our store for more than 2 days, they will be disposed of.
Lacher Patisserie will not take any responsibility for the items’ condition (eg. melted) where the delivery is unsuccessful.
All orders and items are carefully checked and sent out in good condition. In the unlikely event that the items arrive not in good condition, or have lost their original textures and/or appearance upon arrival, please report it to us immediately or within 3 hours of receipt with a clear picture of the damage/defect. All items must be unconsumed, in the state that such damage/defect was discovered, and/or in their original state.
Where it is concluded by Lacher Patisserie upon their investigation that the damage/defect occurred solely by fault of our team, the driver we used, or during the delivery, a full or partial refund or exchange of items will be given, whichever Lacher Patisserie, in their absolute discretion sees fit.
Non-delivery means that delivery has not yet been attempted (items have not left our store). We try our best to ensure that the items are successfully delivered in good condition. If you do not receive an email with the driver’s details within your chosen time slot on the day of delivery or if you think that a mistake may have been made on our part which causes non-delivery of order, please send us an email to email@example.com and our team will get back to you ASAP.
We do our best to deliver all items ordered. However, non-delivery of certain items may occur due to unintentional human errors. Where non-delivery of non-chargeable items/free-of-charge items such as message cards, candles, knives, paper bags, etc occurs, we regret to say that we cannot redeliver the items.
Lacher Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time without prior notice.